Take our quote today which comes to us from the Reverend Robert Schuler. I am always built up listening to what he has to say. In today's quote he says "Tough times never last, but tough people do." My knee jerk reaction was "Wow! Isn't that the truth?" But in thinking it through a bit, I pondered on things like American black slavery.
Those tough times lasted over 400 years for some as did the slavery of the Israelites by the Egyptians around 1300 B.C.E. If you were a slave living in those tough times there was little truth found in Reverend Schuler's words. The truth is there are tough times that do last a life time for some of us.
However If you were to look at your life you would see that tough times rarely do last forever. They are cyclical. They come and they go. It is with this inference in mind that Schuler speaks. Of course, every individual experiences life differently and if one lives life unwisely, they will suffer more than the next.
Though external circumstances play a role, we have a lot to do with how tough life becomes for us. For example, life would surely be tough if one were sick all the time with influenza and bleeding body sores and waves of nausea and vomiting - yet one could bring these conditions upon themselves by contracting the HIV virus through living promiscuous lives. One could live in and out of terrible jail cells and half-way-houses for living a life of crime.
One could suffer the terrible affects of lung cancer by choosing to smoke. In fact there is a lot of research that indicates that most diseases that we suffer are traceable to life-style choices that we ourselves make. The second half of Schuler's statement says that tough people last. Well no one last forever, so what Schuler is inferring is that tough people last longer than most. The reason for that are tough people, self-disciplined people, make life choices that lead to better health, better living habitations, better finances, better relationships, and so on.
By tough, Robert Schuler is not talking about street-wise tough, or gangster-tough. He is referring to a toughness born in wisdom; a toughness that means strength of character. This is a character that chooses the right; a character that learns the actions that lead to good outcomes. This is a character molded through hard work and ethical behavior; a character that shows respect to elders; charity towards the weak and poor; and courage to stand up for what is right against the evil doer.
This character endures trials by being patient and suffering with dignity when one must suffer. The reason why life fairs better for those described here is because they live in harmony with the laws of the universe. Instead of rebelling against law, they submit to it. Tough people can endure a great deal in their lives. In fact that is the crux of Schuler's entire statement isn't it? It's all about endurance.
Tough people endure the tough times. They act as if they know something more than the rest. They seem to have a deeper appreciation for what is at the end of the suffering. Tough people walk through tough times like fire-walkers who walk over hot coals without sensing the pain. There is a glow about them that comes from someplace familiar but distant to the rest. The tough know the meaning of the words "Press On". It means keep marching through the hard times for there is a time coming when tears and sadness will be no more.
Neither will death nor sickness even exist. They are able to press on because they know this is certain and any tough times that are hurled upon them through no accord of their own shall pass away as certain as the sun rises and sets each day. If you meet upon tough times today remember that there is a better tomorrow. Your suffering will be for a time and then it will be gone. You will find as you look back that you too are in that special group of tough ones that is able to endure the worst.
Until tomorrow comes, press on! Learn about ingrown hair scars and hide scars at the Removing Scars site. Article Source: http://www.articledashboard.com/Article/Make-The-Right-Choices-And-Stay-Tough/1769179
Its natural abundance of vitamin A and E wards off free radicals and helps protect against wrinkles and fine lines. In addition, Argan oil boosts the circulation and stimulates cell activity and renewal.
The rejuvenating effect of Argan oil is inestimable: the skin looks denser, smoother and more alive. It can be taken internally as well; it's full of antioxidants and is rich in the essential fatty acids omega 3 and omega 6.
Taken internally, it stimulates and balances the digestive system, stabilise blood sugar levels, boosts the immune system and help reduce cholesterol levels
Packaged in glass bottle to protect the contents from heat, light, oxidation and moisture. Ingredients: Argan Oil, Organic (Argania Spinosa), Cold Pressed, Unrefined, Organic and Fair for Life
20 Facts to Know About Antibiotics
By Yury Bayarski
Antibiotics play a very important role of modern medicine. These medications are used to fight many infections caused by bacteria. The following facts about antibiotics will help you understand how these drugs work, their possible side effects and the importance of taking antibiotics as directed by your doctor.
- Antibiotics belong to a class of drugs called Antimicrobials. Other drugs in this group include antifungals, antiprotozoals and antivirals.
- Antibiotics are medicines that kill bacteria. These drugs do not work on viruses. A bacterium is a living, reproducing lifeform. A virus is just a piece of DNA (or RNA). A virus injects its DNA into a living cell and has that cell reproduce more of the viral DNA. With a virus there is nothing to "kill," so antibiotics don't work on it.
- There are many types of antibiotics. Each works a little differently and acts on different types of bacteria. Some antibiotics are effective against only certain types of bacteria; others can effectively fight a wide range of bacteria.
- While the use of antibiotics did not begin in the 20th century, early folk medicine included the use of mouldy foods or soil for infections. In ancient Egypt, for example, infections were treated with mouldy bread.
- Originally noticed by a French medical student, Ernest Duchesne, in 1896, penicillin was re-discovered by bacteriologist Alexander Fleming working at St. Mary's Hospital in London in 1928. He observed that a plate culture of Staphylococcus had been contaminated by a blue-green mold and that colonies of bacteria adjacent to the mold were being dissolved.
- A broad spectrum antibiotic is one that can kill many different types of bacteria. A broad spectrum antibiotic is useful for treating infections that might be caused by many different types of bacteria such as ear infections. A narrow spectrum antibiotic is one that kills only a small variety of germs.
- Antibiotics must be taken for the full amount of time prescribed by your doctor. Many times, patients will stop the use of an antibiotic when they begin to feel better and it seems that the illness has gone. However, even after the symptoms are gone, the bacteria may still be present in small amounts and an infection can return if use of the antibiotic is stopped. Not completing the prescribed dose also may promote resistance.
- There are two major drawbacks of antibiotics:
- Bacterial resistance
- Harmful side effects
- Bacteria may be naturally resistant to different classes of antibiotics or may acquire resistance from other bacteria through exchange of resistant genes.
- Antibiotics generally are safe. The most common side effects of antibiotics include stomach upset, nausea, and diarrhea. An increased sensitivity to sunlight is common with tetracyclines (e.g. doxycycline, minocycline) and fluoroquinolones (e.g. ciprofloxacin , ofloxacin, levofloxacin). Although most side-effects may be mild in appearance, some may be severe like allergic reactions and it may even be life-threatening allergic reactions. Should you experience any unexpected reaction to an antibiotic you use for the first time, immediately consult with your health professional.
- Antibiotics can kill most of the bacteria in your body that are sensitive to them, including "good" bacteria. By destroying the bacterial balance, they may cause stomach upsets, diarrhea, yeast infections or other problems.
- Any antibiotic can suppress the healthy bacteria in your colon. Usually this problem surfaces when the newer, more powerful antibiotics are prescribed, or when multiple antibiotics are used for serious infections. Almost any antibiotic can cause antibiotic-associated colitis (also called pseudomembranous colitis, or Clostridium difficile colitis)., but the following have been implicated in most cases: clindamycin, lincomycin, ampicillin, cephalosporins. The aminoglycosides (amikacin, gentamicin), erythromycin, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, and fluoroquinolones (ciprofloxacin , levofloxacin) seem less likely to be the cause.
- Antibiotic associated diarrhea can occur within two days of completing a course of antibiotics or even up to six weeks later. The risk of antibiotic associated diarrhea rises with how often and how long the antibiotics are taken. Even the most gentle antibiotics, given for a short period of time, can occasionally lead to this problem. Therefore, if you have new symptoms of diarrhea, it is important that you make your doctor aware of any antibiotics you may have taken in the last several months.
- Yeast Overgrowth. One of the most common side effects of antibiotics is yeast overgrowth. Women who use antibiotics often develop bowel and vaginal yeast infections. Children treated repeatedly with antibiotics for ear infections often develop yeast and fungal infections of the middle ear.
- Antibiotics can, in some cases, hinder the immune response. For example, children given amoxicillin for chronic earaches suffer two to six times the rate of recurrent middle ear effusion than children who took a placebo. According to Carol Jessop, MD, Clinical Professor at the University of California at San Francisco, 80% of her patients who suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome (or chronic fatigue immunodeficiency syndrome) had a history of recurrent antibiotics treatment as a child, adolescent or adult.
- Antibiotics will not cure viral illnesses, such as:
- Colds or flu
- Most coughs and bronchitis
- Sore throats not caused by strep
- Runny noses
- Stomach flu (viral gastroenteritis)
- Some ear infections
- When are antibiotics necessary? Here are a few examples:
- Ear infections - there are several types; many need antibiotics, but some do not.
- Sinus infections - most children with thick or green mucus do not have sinus infections. Antibiotics are needed for some long-lasting or severe cases.
- Strep throat - this condition must be diagnosed by a laboratory test.
- Urinary tract infections
- Many wound and skin infections
- Sometimes it is very hard to tell when an illness is caused by a viral or bacterial infection. A test called a culture should be done to determine which bacteria, if any, are responsible for your illness. Without a culture, your health care provider must choose an antibiotic based on an educated guess of what bacteria are most likely to be causing your illness. Sometimes, those educated guesses are wrong.
- Antibiotic resistance occurs when bacteria change in a way that reduces or eliminates the effectiveness of antibiotics. These resistant bacteria survive and multiply - causing more harm, such as a longer illness, more doctor visits, and a need for more expensive and toxic antibiotics.
- Some antibiotics become less effective if they are taken with food. For example, azithromycin (zithromax) capsules should not be mixed with or taken with food, however tablets may be taken without regard to food.
Yury Bayarski is the contributing author of eMedExpert.com - More information about commonly prescribed antibiotics is available on author's website.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Yury_Bayarski
Give us a Chance, and We'll Make You a Know-It-All
When it Comes to Health and Longevity
Join us, and just 30 days from now, you could be on your way to being a bona-fide life-saver for yourself, your family, and many of your friends. Imagine having a practical answer for the health problems of 95 people out of 100.
Here are just a few of the discoveries we recently alerted our members to:
- A South American "chemotherapy tree" that is as effective as chemo drugs -- but without the side effects.
- A newly fractionated supplement from California that studies suggest eliminates wrinkles without injections, and it greatly speeds up the healing of injuries or burns. As a plus, one study showed it gave more pain relief from arthritis than naproxen!
- A new extract of clove vine with no side effects that is transforming even mature women into sexual animals! This is a G-rated bulletin, so you'll have to wait to get the details in Today's Greatest Alternative Medicines.
- A Japanese fish byproduct that has been shown to lower hypertension much more safely than ACE inhibitor drugs
- A top-secret Russian miracle immune booster that shakes off flu, colds, coughs, bronchitis, and more!
- A formula of Eastern European flowers that could give an Alzheimer's patient you love his or her memory back.
- A new compound made from Australian ryegrass, which could have thousands of asthmatics throwing away their inhalers.
- A new 'smart pill' that increases your intelligence and memory... and even improves your coordination. Imagine a pill that could guide you to your car keys and lower your golf score!
- An antioxidant that's 80 times stronger than vitamin E at treating macular degeneration (age-related blindness).
- A miracle citrus-peel that works to suck heavy metals from your body, making you almost impregnable to cancer.
- An astonishing distilled oil that reverses stroke damage
- A natural answer to inflammation, bronchitis, congested lungs, carpal tunnel syndrome, varicose veins, clogged nose, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, various allergies and more: an enzyme reported to knock out these problems like nothing else on the planet.
Look, we're not trying to be arrogant by pulling the rug out from under all the conventional doctors out there, and we don't have all the answers...
After all, some people die from accidents -- or rare diseases that have everyone buffaloed. But with all the humility we can muster, we can still confidently state this:
Through recent discoveries we've made or tracked down, we have uncovered information that we believe could prevent and/or cure the conditions and diseases that kill 95 people out of 100.
We can also now eliminate or control the vast majority of disorders that don't kill you -- but annoy you just enough to take the joy out of your life.
Get the full details on all these breakthrough discoveries in our special collection, Today's Greatest Alternative Medicines. It's yours FREE when you join HSI. Reply today!
Flexi-Bar Vibration Strength Training Deep Core Muscles
By Phillip Skinner
Stretch Reflex Contraction is a form of contraction that we can create from using vibrating equipment like a Flexi-bar. The vibrations from using a Flexi-bar work all of the muscles of your entire body. The actual action of shaking a Flexi-bar causes a vibration to be passed through your whole body. This vibration pushes and stretches the muscles out of their natural alignment.
The difference between using a Flexi-bar compared to other training techniques is that with the Flexi-bar you use up to 100% muscle fibre compared to 40-60% with the more traditional training techniques.
The idea of using vibration in training has been around for over 40 years. Russian scientists originally developed the concept for their space program to aid their cosmonauts maintain their physical condition. They wanted to reduce the loss of muscle mass and maintain bone density. Up until recently the most common form of vibration devices came from large expensive machines.
With vibration training you don't have to workout for nearly as long as other methods but the results are fast and effective. Muscular blood flow is seriously improved, which is a great aid in speeding up the recovery from workouts and injuries. When your body gets more blood flowing it restores nutrients to muscles cells as well as removing any toxic waste and damaged tissue.
Anybody of any age and fitness level can use a Flexi-bar. It is very safe to use and you can workout your entire body, sculpt your muscles and tone your wobbly bits.You can even train to improve you performance in any sport. If you are tired or have tired muscles you can still use it because when your muscles have had enough you're Flexi-bar simply will not swing. The Flexi-bar really is a revolutionary piece of equipment that does so much for your health.
The Flexi-bar hard work is all done through the vibration it transmits through the body. This vibrating action of the bar pushes stretches the muscles out of their natural alignment. Because you muscles have been stretched your brain then sends a messaged to those stretched muscles to contract in order to bring them back to their center state of equilibrium.
Overall the Flexi-bar is a great vibrating training aid that helps to relieve muscular tightness in the neck, back and hips, improves your posture, tone your muscles, enhance your performance in sports, increase muscular strength and endurance, helps with arthritis and is a great aid in postnatal recovery.
The actual bar is made from a thin fibreglass pole with weights at both ends. It is very light and easy to hold but you will be surprised at how challenging the workout will be. You first of all have to get the bar to shake. Once it is shaking the idea is to keep it shaking. Sounds simple? Well it is not as easy as it sounds and it draws attention to any muscular imbalances you may have. The more you use it the more the core muscles become stronger.
So if you are looking for a training aid that is really easy to use and is good for your all round fitness why not give the Flexi-bar a try. You will notice the results very quickly and with regular use you will be amazed at how you feel.
FLEXI-BAR works all of the muscles of the entire body. The action of shaking the FLEXI-BAR causes a vibration to be passed through the body. This vibration pushes, or stretches the muscles out of their natural alignment. This misalignment sends an automatic message to the brain, via the nervous system, that the muscles have been stretched. The brain sends a message back to the stretched muscles to "contract" or shorten, in an effort to bring them back to their "center", or state of equilibrium. As long as you're not standing still, you can rest assured that you're moving Active Balance Core Dynamic Exercises -
The ABC of Dynamic Exercise Wherever Your Standing Is Where You Start.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Phillip_Skinner
Read about some common dog problems:
· Excessive dog barking
· Dog chewing
· Dog jumping
· Dog aggression
· Dog separation
· Dog leash
· Dog biting
· Dog obedience
Give a Try & make the Dog learn about your nature and surroundings in a cordial way
Some of the important dog aggressions to know and read about in detail are:-
· Maternal aggression
· Predatory aggression
· Natural dog aggression
· Dog anxiety aggression
· Separation aggression
· Possessive aggression
· Dominate aggression
· Social aggression
· Food aggression
· Redirected aggressionAll these are some of the most common and vital dog aggression behavior to learn about while training your dog.
Pet Dogs are not an animal when It becomes house trained, in fact you have to understand it as a part of your family or society for which you need to learn about its weakness and strength.
Dog behavioral problems are elaborated in my site with a unique touch that will help you in solving many queries related to your dog behavior and obedience.
Learn How to Train Your Dog in a very amicable way!!
Dogs, who are they?
Have you ever seen your dog in a
different way like that of a baby or innocent child instead of a pet or animal?
If so, you will never take time in making your dog learn about dog obedience or
Dogs are very loyal by nature and yes, they are aggressive too! As
dogs are aggressive, they never take time in learning things if taught in
tactful way! Aggression is after all a very deep feeling that drives anyone in
a particular way.
Have you ever seen your dog in a different way like that of a baby or innocent child instead of a pet or animal? If so, you will never take time in making your dog learn about dog obedience or behavior.
Dogs are very loyal by nature and yes, they are aggressive too! As dogs are aggressive, they never take time in learning things if taught in tactful way! Aggression is after all a very deep feeling that drives anyone in a particular way.
There are many dog masters who are reading articles and books on dog behavior for becoming a professional dog trainer, which is really not a good idea! Dog behavior articles and books are written to make you understand your dog in a very detailed way.
These books and articles are a way to open the closed doors between you and your dog.
So, never become a professional while training your dog or else you will fail to understand its emotional needs!
Training any human being also takes a week or month and we expect to train our dog in a day, which is ridiculous!
- By Phillip Skinner
- Published 11/14/2010
Funding two b.s. wars and giving billions annually in foreign aid is more important than universal health care and subsidized housing for our own poor - our own families. how pathetic is that?
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
You said it for me Finbarr McCarthy
I say here here
great video, “We Are What We Eat” – (or as the video says shovel in our Pie Holes)- and we are all guilty in eating whats bad for us but if we all did it there would be no need for pills and drugs so its a No-Brainer
Comment By Phillip Skinner -- November 3, 2010 at 3:30 pm
The video concerning the reversal of diabetes is truly unbelievable. I would like some information on “how to” implement the program. Also, I would like the name of a simple (very simple) raw food recipe book. If there is a book on the market with meal to meal day to day plans that would be perfect. I am not interested in elaborate time consuming recipes that would be really tasty…..just need the nutrition. Thank you for the video.
Comment By Michael -- November 3, 2010 at 1:25 pm
Or your money back, guaranteed
The secret pain-reliever that doctors are using,
but you couldn't have – until now.
A Special Report by Allan Spreen, MD
It does what no pain pill on earth ever did,
safely and non-addictively. In fact, an amount the size of a pin-head
can totally blow away previous compounds. Doctors like me turn to it
first for their own arthritis and muscle aches, but you'll never find it, except...
Better get more than one bottle...
SOMEONE'S GOING TO STEAL YOUR SOOTHANOL!
PRIME SUSPECTS: Hubby, wife, mom, dad, kids, coworkers...
Then another stunner took us by surprise. An incredible avalanche of reorders. Seems that after folks try Soothanol X2, they encourage their loved ones to try it -- and never get the bottle back!
Count on it, friend. As soon as this little bottle leaves your hands...
It's going to transform the life of everyone who touches it...
Think for a moment of your Mom with her tender hip (she won't complain, but you can tell by the way she walks)... the spouse who sleeps beside you (and keeps you up, tossing and turning)... your active, adventurous kids (who sometimes come home wincing)... your coworker (in pain after pounding the keyboard all day)... your handyman (after all he's fixed for you, wouldn't it be nice to fix his knee pain?)... Hey, do you know anyone over 40 who doesn't have some kind of nagging pain? Or anyone under 40 who doesn't get banged up now and then? Your list of probable Soothanol thieves is endless, isn't it?
So the people at NorthStar Nutritionals are making it easy for you to help all your loved ones, without busting the budget...
Limited time offer: Buy more than one and get up to 3 FREE BOTTLES!
Buy two and you'll get one FREE -- or better still, buy 3 and you'll get 3 FREE!
Plus, of course, each bottle you buy carries the same RISK-FREE, money-back guarantee. Every bottle has to work for everyone who tries it, or just return the unused portion (including free bottles) for a full refund of the purchase price.
Yes, we promise!
You'll see the relief on your loved one's face when they try their
first 2 or 3 drops, or you'll get a full refund of the purchase price
(less shipping and handling). But I'm confident you'll be joining the
chorus of families who have been writing us to say...
Buy two and you'll get one FREE -- or better still, buy 3 and you'll get 3 FREE!